This workshop is for tea enthusiasts who want to develop their tasting and brewing expertise. We share in-depth information on the origin and processing of each tea, and offer a step-by-step guide to bringing out the best of each brew, as well as how to train your palate to appreciate the nuances of flavour in each cup.
From spring equinox to winter solstice, each season produces different kinds of teas. Every month, we select three seasonal teas to explore in this Tea Masterclass (the same teas we send to our teaLETTER monthly subscribers). This workshop is open to everyone.
Dec 2020 Teas: Red Jade with Bergamot | Red Jade | Masala Chai (TBC)
Jan 2021 Tea: Keemun Xiangluo | Lapsang Suchong | Tieguanyin Red
General workshop rundown:
- Introduction to the tea origin and seasonal harvest
- Relationship between teaware and tea brewing
- Step-by-step brewing techniques
- Tasting for the 3 curated teas of the month
- A tea snack provided by our sister brand teakha
- At the end of the class, each participant will receive a $100 redeemable cash coupon for same day purchase (Special promotion and seasonal teas excluded)
Available for booking: 11:30am-1pm (1.5 hours) Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays
Venue: Plantation Tea Room, 18 Po Tuck St, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong (HKU MTR Exit B2)
Language: Cantonese or English available
1 person | $650/person
2-4 people | $500/person